Very slow rsync of ftp site

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: pgsql-www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Very slow rsync of ftp site
Date: 2007-04-11 08:36:03
Lists: pgsql-www

When setting up the new wwwmaster, I've noticed extremely slow rsync speeds
to svr1 to get the ftp site.
Doing the full sync took about 48 *hours*. Running an incremental sync is
faster, but it's still a *lot* slower than it should be. Rsync summary line
is:
sent 64320 bytes received 29104322 bytes 115519.37 bytes/sec

So we're only getting a single megabit, which is certainly a lot less than
I'd expect.

Can someone look into this? ;-) I've spoken with Stefan, and there
certainly is no bandwidth issue on that end. I'm unsure if it's a host
problem with svr1 or a network problem at that end.

//Magnus