integer datetimes

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: integer datetimes
Date: 2007-02-14 11:13:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Our docs for the integer datetime option says:

Use 64-bit integer storage for datetimes and intervals, rather than the
default floating-point storage. This reduces the range of representable
values but guarantees microsecond precision across the full range (see
Section 8.5 for more information). Note also that the integer datetimes
code is newer than the floating-point code, and we still find bugs in it
from time to time.

Is the last sentence about bugs really true anymore? At least the buildfarm
seems to have a lot *more* machines with it enabled than without.

(I'm thinking about making it the defautl for the vc++ build, which is
why I came across that)

//Magnus