Re: first steps in PhP and PostgreSQL

From: Bill Moran <wmoran(at)collaborativefusion(dot)com>
To: Desmond Coughlan <coughlandesmond(at)yahoo(dot)fr>
Subject: Re: first steps in PhP and PostgreSQL
Date: 2006-11-06 14:13:33
Lists: pgsql-general

[snip]

> I copy that file to my apache server, in php_experimental/base.php
> and access it via a browser.
>
> I don't get an error message. I instead get a blank page.

Check the applicable php.ini for where error messages are being sent to.
It's typical on production servers to configure PHP to only send errors
to syslog, or a file, which usually means they end up in httpd-error.log.

When developing, it's usually more convenient to have errors sent to the
browser, which is what it seems you were expecting.

--
Bill Moran
Collaborative Fusion Inc.