Re: Getting a move on for 8.2 beta

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
Subject: Re: Getting a move on for 8.2 beta
Date: 2006-09-01 22:28:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-www

Tom Lane wrote:
> Well, it's taken us the full month to get this far through the queue,
> so I'd sure like to have more people on board reviewing next time.
> Alvaro helped but I miss Neil Conway, and some other people have
> helped in the past. However --- the present situation has nothing to
> do with lack of reviewers, it's lack of time to finish the patches.

Not that I've had particularly plenty of time to give, but what's
concerning me is that while we're moving toward an increasingly rigid
process, we don't really have the process support to go with it. How
would anyone even know what patches are pending review? Something to
think about ...

--
Peter Eisentraut