Sharing News

From: Terry Lee Tucker <terry(at)esc1(dot)com>
Cc: Greg Syfan - Turbo President <greg(at)turbocorp(dot)com>, Steve Syfan <steve(at)turbocorp(dot)com>, Denise Nix <denise(at)turbocorp(dot)com>
Subject: Sharing News
Date: 2006-09-01 16:12:31
Lists: pgsql-general

Greetings List:

I just want to share with my Open Source commrads a success story. We have
been working on converting a rather large and complex Logistics application
from a Commercial database engine and 4GL supplied Progress Software Corp. We
wrote the user interface in native X-Windows using C. This is a
multi-database application with some rather complex interactions between
databases in realtime mode. Most of that work is handled using Perl. Many of
the reports are also written in Perl. On August 7, we went live with the
application. We have over 200 connections at any given time. The application
is very fast. Today, we just closed out our first month on the system.

I just wanted to share this with everyone because many of you at different
times have answered my various questions and I really appreciate it. This
list and those associated with it are a fantastic resource. I hope, after I
rest a little, to be able to contribute more to it, at least in answering
some of the "simple" stuff ;o]

PS:
Another commercial database product bites the dust...
--
Terry Tucker
IT Manager