Re: Windows 2000 Support

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, "Bruce Momjian" <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Subject: Re: Windows 2000 Support
Date: 2006-08-18 23:47:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Magnus Hagander wrote:
> Yeah, that's better wording. Or more correct I think "Windows 2000
> SP4 or above".
>
> FWIW, MS has officially said at some point that they will not make
> SP5 for Windows 2000, but they've changed their minds before...

Unless there actually is a version of that operating system that is not
labelled "Windows 2000 SP4" that is supported, this expression is
meaningless.

Note that the list of "supported" platforms in the documentation does
not make any open interval claims (or any interval claims for that
matter).

If you know that anything before Windows 2000 SP4 is unsupported, that
would be useful information, but not the other way around.

--
Peter Eisentraut