cannot un-install postgresql

From: Jim <azmode03(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: cannot un-install postgresql
Date: 2006-07-18 04:06:51
Lists: pgsql-general

Postgresql will not completely un-install from my Windows XP computer! Yes use the wizard provided: Control Panel: Add/Remove programs: Remove. So UnInstall using the wizard. Delete the Postgres directory in Program Files. Re-boot. But the server that I had previously added was still visible. Not only that, buy the user Jim is still listed there. And: now my password doesn't work anymore!!! When I re-installed, went back to postgres for the account name and superuser, and “Jim” was never entered. But its there now. Same with the server, even after entire un-install – reboot – install process. Am using the Windows installer postgresql-8.1.4-1 zip file, extracted to clean folder.

I need to get postgresql completely off my hard drive so can re-install it from scratch.