Re: patch review, please: Autovacuum/Vacuum times via stats.

From: "Jim C(dot) Nasby" <jnasby(at)pervasive(dot)com>
To: Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>
Cc: Larry Rosenman <lrosenman(at)pervasive(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: patch review, please: Autovacuum/Vacuum times via stats.
Date: 2006-05-02 22:49:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

Back in the discussion of this someone had mentioned capturing all the
info that you'd get from a vacuum verbose; dead tuples, etc. What do
people think about that? In particular I think it'd be handy to know how
many pages vacuum wanted in the FSM vs. how many it got; this would make
it much easier for people to ensure that the FSM is large enough. Using
the functions that let you query the FSM won't work because they can't
tell you if there are pages that should have been in the FSM but didn't
make it in.