Re: sort a referenced list

From: Matthew Peter <survivedsushi(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Merlin Moncure <mmoncure(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: sort a referenced list
Date: 2006-04-04 07:10:00
Lists: pgsql-general

I'll help clarify exactly what I am trying to accomplish.

What I'm trying to do is create a function that accepts a list then sorts and groups the values (like in sql)... I will have an unique list I can convert it to an array later or leave it a list

I'd like to keep it simple and manipulate the argument like...

select $1 as list
group by list
order by list asc;

Which doesn't work, but that is the functionality I need if possible.