Re: have you feel anything when you read this ?

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: "Eugene E(dot)" <sad(at)bankir(dot)ru>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org, PFC <lists(at)peufeu(dot)com>
Subject: Re: have you feel anything when you read this ?
Date: 2006-03-20 10:47:05
Lists: pgsql-sql

Eugene E. wrote:
> you may decide to print something else, aint'you ?
> BUT
> if they print them then they at least OUTPUT them.

I'm not sure what you are getting at here. The only data type in
PostgreSQL that has a notion of null bytes is bytea, and bytea prints
out null bytes in unambigious form. Note that printing out a space
will lose the null byte on restore, so that solution does not seem
satisfactory.

--
Peter Eisentraut