Re: Pgfoundry and gborg: shut one down

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Thomas Hallgren <thomas(at)tada(dot)se>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Pgfoundry and gborg: shut one down
Date: 2006-02-18 22:10:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> If we could get to be running pgFoundry on the latest GForge, with
> PHP/CGI enabled project web pages, a database per project available, SVN
> as well as CVS, and a known stable mailman release we'd be in excellent
> shape.
>
> I'd rather move forwards than back.

I don't care what direction we go, just kill one. We are at the
"dancing bear" stage with this thing, like we were with the web site
redesign:

[ old posting ]
> > > We have been talking about a new web page layout for years at this
> > > point. I almost don't care if they just put a dancing bear up on the
> > > web site. Let's do something!
> >
> > What's wrong with the existing one? Have you designed the dancing bear
> > you'd like us to put up in place of what we have now?
>
> Looking around now. Perhaps a dancing elephant. WARNING: This will
> make you ill:
>
> http://janetskiles.com/ART/greeting/greet-ani/dancing-elephant.jpg

That URL is priceless, and perhaps instead of shutting down the old
server, we should just put this up on there to shame people into moving.

Anyway, it is time to do something, and doing "anything" is starting to
look good. I think I even have some stuff on gborg and would move it if
there was a push to do that, so I know from experience that a deadline
is what it is going to take.

--
Bruce Momjian http://candle.pha.pa.us
SRA OSS, Inc. http://www.sraoss.com