Re: Which qsort is used

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Qingqing Zhou <zhouqq(at)cs(dot)toronto(dot)edu>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Which qsort is used
Date: 2005-12-12 16:50:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Qingqing Zhou wrote:

> Seems we don't link against the port/qsort.c - is there any reason for
> that? My tests indicates our qsort is much much faster than the libc's.

We haven't been able to determine if the OS's qsort or pgport's is
faster. Right now we only force pgport qsort on Solaris (from
configure.in):

# Solaris has a very slow qsort in certain cases, so we replace it.
if test "$PORTNAME" = "solaris"; then
AC_LIBOBJ(qsort)
fi

Are you willing to say that we should always prefer pgport over glibc's
qsort()?

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us