Re: Certification Available +Pronounce

From: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Certification Available +Pronounce
Date: 2005-08-29 20:49:25
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Wed, Aug 24, 2005 at 12:41:29PM -0400, Chris Browne wrote:
> david(at)fetter(dot)org (David Fetter) writes:

> > I'm not sure I understand this question. Could you explain what
> > purposes and whose interests such a certification, if it existed,
> > would serve?
>
> There's a clear set of steps...
>
> 1. Create PostgreSQL Certification Program
> 2. Collect underpants^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hcertificants
> 4. Profit!^H^H^H^H^H^H^HPopularity!

This is unfair. Large companies frequently require such
certification availability in order to consider a technology ready
for "Enterprise" use. The value of that technical judgement may be
0, but the adoption-rate value of it is not.

"The year's penultimate month" is not in truth a good way of saying
November.
--H.W. Fowler