Postgresql replication

From: Carlos Henrique Reimer <carlosreimer(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)br>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Postgresql replication
Date: 2005-08-24 12:21:50
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

Currently we have only one database accessed by the headquarter and two branches but the performance in the branches is very poor and I was invited to discover a way to increase it.

One possible solution is replicate the headquarter DB into the two branches.

I read about slony-i, but then the replicated DBs will be read-only.

Pgcluster is a sync solution and I think is not fited for us becase the replicated DBs will be located remotely and we have a lot of updates on the DBs.

I think I´m looking for a master-slave assynchronous solution. I know pgReplicator can do it, but I think the project is not active any more.

Are there another solutions?

Thanks in advance!

Reimer

http://br.download.yahoo.com/messenger/