Re: Fix for cross compilation

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Fix for cross compilation
Date: 2005-07-03 18:58:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:
> Hmm ... I suppose the implication of that is that the upstream zic
> files *are* architecture-independent, else people wouldn't keep them
> in /share; and looking at the code, it does seem some effort is made
> in that direction.

With that in mind, I have installed the original cross compilation patch
(with CC_FOR_BUILD). I realize that the inclusion of pg_config.h is
technically wrong, but AFAICT zic doesn't really make use of that
(e.g., int64 is not used to create the output files). I think this
should be enough to get interested cross compilers started, and we will
address specific problems as we see them. I guess a significant share
only want libpq anyway.

--
Peter Eisentraut