CentOS questions (From MySQL -> PGSQL)

From: Erick Papadakis <erick_papadakis(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: CentOS questions (From MySQL -> PGSQL)
Date: 2005-04-06 14:50:15
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

Some newbie questions that the archive search did not help me
with.

1. Will PGSQL work on CentOS? Should I download RH Enterprise
3.0 binaries? Or RedHat 9.0 binaries?

2. Is there a startup kit with 6-7 easy install steps for a
TOTAL NEWBIE? MySQL seems to be pretty easy to install (sorry
for this comparison, but I have no choice). I tried some
recommended links at www.phpbuilder.com etc, but they mention
things that just dont work (e.g., execute linuxconf at the
'command prompt' -- well it doesn't work for me).

3. This comes a bit later in the game, but are there any scripts
or easy ways to convert a MySQL database into PGSQL database?

Thanks for any pointers!

Yahoo! Messenger