Error with latest release under .NET

From: Max Cohan <mcohan(at)adnc(dot)net>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Error with latest release under .NET
Date: 2005-03-07 06:25:14
Lists: pgsql-odbc

I get an the following error when running the new 8.00.01.01 with my
application using ADO/ODBC under VB.NET:
ODBC ERROR: [01004] The buffer was too small for the ConnStrOut

The 01004 indicates a truncation error. However, I don't know of any
tunable buffer sizes within ADO.NET nor the ODBC driver.

Apart from this error popping up on every connection, the application
does seem to run. I've not had a chance to track it down, but it seems
to happen on connection regardless of any data access.

Is this something new or an error that existed and was not reported in
prior versions? How do I correct this problem?

Any suggestions on tracking down the culprit?

Thanks,
Max Cohan