Re: PgSQL MVCC vs MySQL InnoDB

From: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PgSQL MVCC vs MySQL InnoDB
Date: 2004-10-26 16:10:01
Lists: pgsql-general

On Mon, Oct 25, 2004 at 03:45:40PM -0400, Jan Wieck wrote:
> That is a (mis)feature of MySQL itself, not of the InnoDB storage engine
> if used in a mixed table type query by MySQL.

Sure, but I think this difference is very far from plain in the
marketing literature promoting MySQL with InnoDB. You actually need
to understand the difference between MySQL and its storage engines to
understand why this is the case, and one can't really expect people
who are evaluating different systems to know all that sort of detail
in advance.

In the future this spectacle of the middle classes shocking the avant-
garde will probably become the textbook definition of Postmodernism.
--Brad Holland