Re: Change query priority

From: Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>
To: Eugeny Balakhonov <c0ff75(at)mail(dot)ru>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Change query priority
Date: 2004-10-10 16:05:56
Lists: pgsql-general

On Sun, Oct 10, 2004 at 07:12:51PM +0400, Eugeny Balakhonov wrote:

> I want to change priority for database queries of this background program to
> "low" and change priority for web site database queries to "high".

I don't know how effective this would be, but you could wrap the
system call setpriority() in a user-defined function if your
platform supports it. This would set the "nice" value of the
backend process, which might serve as a crude prioritization
mechanism.

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/