dropping a rule find an error

From: Prabu Subroto <prabu_subroto(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Postgres General Milis <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: dropping a rule find an error
Date: 2004-08-03 09:54:50
Lists: pgsql-general

Dear my friends...

I want to drop a rule but I get an error message.
Could you tell me my I can not drop (delete) the rule?

Thank you very much in advance.

ps: Here is my try underbelow:

postgres(at)patrix:~> psql kv
Welcome to psql 7.4.2, the PostgreSQL interactive
terminal.

Type: \copyright for distribution terms
\h for help with SQL commands
\? for help on internal slash commands
\q to quit

kv=# create rule viewpatrixcust as on update to
viewpatrix do instead update customer set
firstname=new.firstname, lastname=new.lastname where
custid=old.custid;
ERROR: rule "viewpatrixcust" for relation
"viewpatrix" already exists
kv=# drop rule viewpatrixcust;
ERROR: syntax error at or near ";" at character 25
kv=#