Re: after using pg_resetxlog, db lost

From: zhicheng wang <wang_zc(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: after using pg_resetxlog, db lost
Date: 2004-06-01 12:49:36
Lists: pgsql-general

Dear Richard
it was not a crash. we issued poweroff command, then
we used a dos floppy to upgrade bios on the fibrecard.
then when we reboot into the redhat AS3, the rhdb
could not start.

the log is attached.

after using pg_resetxlog, we cannot see our db, only
template0/1 listed by psql -l

please help

cheng

--- Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com> wrote: >
zhicheng wang wrote:
> > dear all
> > after we shutdown the rh_postgres-server 7.3.6,
> rhdb
> > could not start. we tried
> >
> > pg_resetxlog -f PGDATA
> >
> > then the server can be started, but only template0
> and
> > template1 db available.
> >
> > our database not listed.
>
> Was there a crash?
> What do your logs say?
> How much disk space does your /data/base directory
> use and is that
> enough for your data?
> Do you have your backups available?
>
> --
> Richard Huxton
> Archonet Ltd

=====
Best wishes
Z C Wang

rhdb.log application/octet-stream 2.1 KB