Grant / Revoke functionality

From: Alexander Priem <ap(at)cict(dot)nl>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Grant / Revoke functionality
Date: 2004-02-18 08:08:32
Lists: pgsql-general

<P>Hi guys,</P>
<P>I have a fairly big PostgreSQL 7.4.0 database running here and I am currently busy managing the rights of the different database users. I have a lot of tables, vieuws, sequences etc.</P>
<P>If I use Grant / Revoke to manage user rights, I have to name all of the different tables/views to grant or revoke a right. For instance, I cannot say something like 'Revoke Select on all tables' followed by 'Grant Select on all views' so users can only access data through views. There is only something like 'Grant Select on database xxx'...</P>
<P>Is there a way in which I can give rights to a user for a set of tables/views/sequences WITHOUT having to name all of the table/view/sequence names?</P>
<P>Thanks in advance.</P>
<P>Alexander Priem</P>

Attachment Content-Type Size
unknown_filename text/html 763 bytes