How to access service using LAN

From: santoso berkah <im_id(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: How to access service using LAN
Date: 2003-09-15 05:04:34
Lists: pgsql-novice

Dear Friends,

I have a crucial problem, I try to develop an
application using Python and PostgreSQL. I try to make
a GUI using Python and i've planned to SELECT, INSERT
and UPDATE the data on the database server. For
justifications :

PC1<----------------------------> PC2
192.168.0.3/24 192.168.0.2/24
Mandrake Linux 8.2 Mandrake Linux 8.2
PostgreSQL 7.2 server Python 2.2 + GUI
Python 2.2
database: mindik attribute :
table: name, id name, id

But my problem was the Python interpreter still can't
access table in the PC1. I've open the default port:
5432 on Postgresql.conf in /var/lib/pgsql/data
I try to set up the pg_hba.conf:

localhost mindik 192.168.0.3 trust

I try the interpreter in PC1:
>>>import pg
>>>select=database_query("SELECT name FROM mindik
WHERE id=(13920)")
The message from the Python interpreter :
There is an error setting on the file pg_hba.conf.

Is there anyone who can help my problems, please ?
Thank's for those who able to help me.

Best regards,

Santoso