Re: TODO items

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: TODO items
Date: 2003-08-08 16:53:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Joe Conway wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > I am marking the completed TODO items. Are these done?
> >

> Can we mark this one complete?
> * Allow easy display of usernames in a group
> regression=# SELECT g.grosysid, g.groname, s.usesysid, s.usename FROM
> pg_shadow s, pg_group g WHERE s.usesysid = any (g.grolist);
> grosysid | groname | usesysid | usename
> ----------+---------+----------+---------
> 100 | g1 | 100 | user1
> 101 | g2 | 100 | user1
> 100 | g1 | 101 | user2
> 101 | g2 | 101 | user2
> 101 | g2 | 102 | user3
> (5 rows)

OK, let me mark it as done, and add to the psql section:

* Allow psql \du to show groups, and add \dg for groups

> This one isn't done:
> * -Delay resolution of array expression type so assignment coercion
> can be performed on empty array expressions (Joe)

OK.

> This one I don't understand:
> o Support construction of array result values in expressions

I don't either. Anyone?

> I thought Peter did something with this one:
> * Allow LIKE indexing optimization for non-ASCII locales

He added a special LIKE operator type, rather than allowing our existing
indexes to use LIKE, so I would say it is partially done.

I updated it to:

* -Allow LIKE indexing optimization for non-ASCII locales using
special index

and marked it as done.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us