Re: TODO items

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: TODO items
Date: 2003-08-08 03:36:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Bruce,

> o Allow array declarations and other data types in PL/PgSQL DECLARE
> o Allow PL/PgSQL to support array element assignment

AFAIK, these two are not done, but they are redundant. Either one requires
the implementation of the other.

> o Add PL/PgSQL PROCEDURES that can return multiple values

Hmmm ... I know how this got on the TODO, but it's a fragment of a larger
suggestion about PROCEDURES vs. FUNCTIONS. I don't think it makes much
sense on its own without the other elements; maybe we should take it off
until I can make a full proposal?

> o Add table function support to pltcl, plperl, plpython

If this was done, I would dearly love to know about it ...

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions