Re: Postgresql slow on XEON 2.4ghz/1gb ram

From: Andreas Schmitz <a(dot)schmitz(at)cityweb(dot)de>
To: "Wilson A(dot) Galafassi Jr(dot)" <juniorlist(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)br>, <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Postgresql slow on XEON 2.4ghz/1gb ram
Date: 2003-08-06 13:50:52
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello,

yes - I had the same problem using dual xeon machines. The problem seems to be
related to the kernel that suffers from a lack of xeon cpu support. also the
intel compiler seems to get much faster binaries than the gcc does. I finally
skipped the whole xeon hardware for the use as postgresql database server.

regards,

-andreas