Re: Prepared Statements

From: Felipe Schnack <felipes(at)ritterdosreis(dot)br>
To: Csaba Nagy <nagy(at)ecircle-ag(dot)com>, pgsql-jdbc <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Prepared Statements
Date: 2003-07-18 16:14:11
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

In these cases, I just set a single question mark in the query... then I use setObject(index, parameters, Types.NUMERIC)
In the "parameters" variable I pass the values concatenated, like:

PreparedStatement prep = conn.preparePreparedStatement("SELECT * FROM foo WHERE bar IN (?)");
prep.setObject(1, "1, 2, 3", Types.NUMERIC);

The problem about this technique is that I can't use driver's scaping of Strings... I just hope this keeps working in future versions of the driver :-)
There is a way that I can cann driver's scaping methods? Would be nice if they were public.

--

/~\ The ASCII Felipe Schnack (felipes(at)ritterdosreis(dot)br)
\ / Ribbon Campaign Analista de Sistemas

Centro Universitário Ritter dos Reis
http://www.ritterdosreis.br
ritter(at)ritterdosreis(dot)br
Fone: 51-32303341