Re: anyone know what the deal with 64.117.224.149 is?

From: Phil Howard <phil-pgsql-general(at)ipal(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: anyone know what the deal with 64.117.224.149 is?
Date: 2003-04-03 12:01:36
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wed, Apr 02, 2003 at 10:04:42AM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:

| Phil Howard <phil-pgsql-general(at)ipal(dot)net> writes:
| > Does anyone know what the deal with 64.117.224.149 is?
|
| relay3.pgsql.com is 64.117.224.149. If you're blocking traffic from
| there, you are probably losing about a third of the PG list traffic
| since a few days ago.
|
| It'd probably be nice if Marc warned people when he was about to add a
| new relay machine, so that those of us who run IP-based filters could
| be sure to whitelist it...

The reverse DNS was not working on it when I posted. It seems to be
working now. Postfix will soft-bounce (450) on failure to get reverse
DNS since it can be a transient DNS failure. Now that RDNS is working
I'll probably get a little spike flowing in. Thanks for getting the
RDNS working.

Yes, if people are whitelisting by IP address, knowing these in advance
would help. This is one reason I prefer domain based whitelisting.
Some day I hope to blacklist the whole internet and whitelist only the
good parts. But that's for another mailing list.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program.

| Phil Howard - KA9WGN | Dallas | http://linuxhomepage.com/ |
| phil-nospam(at)ipal(dot)net | Texas, USA | http://ka9wgn.ham.org/ |