Re: PostgreSQL unsuitable for large datasets?

From: Jason Tishler <jason(at)tishler(dot)net>
To: Michael Labhard <ince(at)pacifier(dot)com>
Cc: Pgsql-Cygwin <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL unsuitable for large datasets?
Date: 2002-09-03 13:27:32
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Michael,

Please keep your replies on-list.

On Sun, Sep 01, 2002 at 08:05:57AM -0700, Michael Labhard wrote:
> Thanks for the tip.

You are welcome.

> Interesting idea but I monitored the process and found it to be using
> around 200 MB of memory already,

Maybe Cygwin's heap is not quite equivalent to "monitored process
memory"?

> so I'm not sure what to make of the reference you sent.

Note that this suggestion has help many others with Cygwin out-of-memory
problems.

> Unfortunately I'm not in a position to try a test either.

Hmm...

> Appreciate the interest.

Again, you are welcome. However, it's sad that you are not even willing
to try my suggestion -- especially, since it is so easy to do so.
Nevertheless, you are the one with the itch, so you can choose to
scratch it or not.

Jason