Re: Running PostgreSQL as a service under Windows XP Pro

From: Jason Tishler <jason(at)tishler(dot)net>
To: Cédric Dufour <cedric(dot)dufour(at)freesurf(dot)ch>
Cc: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Running PostgreSQL as a service under Windows XP Pro
Date: 2002-07-26 15:33:43
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Cédric,

On Thu, Jul 25, 2002 at 09:49:49PM +0200, Cédric Dufour wrote:
> I've been struggling the last couple of hours to install PostgreSQL as
> a service in Windows XP Pro and eventually suceeded, despite the lack
> of 'tips & tricks' on the various mailing lists ...

Did you read the following?

http://www.tishler.net/jason/software/postgresql/postgresql-7.2.1.README

Note that the above gets installed as

/usr/doc/Cygwin/postgresql-7.2.1.README

when you install PostgreSQL via Cygwin's setup.exe.

Unfortunately, it seems that it may need some updating for XP... Have
others experienced similar problems under XP?

Jason