Re: [GENERAL] performance issues with DBI module when data too big

From: Jan Wieck <janwieck(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Nicolas Nolst <nnolst(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] performance issues with DBI module when data too big
Date: 2002-06-03 17:50:17
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-general

Nicolas Nolst wrote:
[text/html is unsupported, treating like TEXT/PLAIN]

> [...]
> <P>My problem is that populating my database is slower&nbsp; when the data gets bigger and the performance falls dramatically. I thought that is would be improve with my indexes but the problem still persists.</P>
> <P>Could you please give me some clues that could solve this issue.</P>

Is your database frequently vacuumed and analyzed (and do you
frequently read frequently asked questions)?

> <P>Thanks.</P>
> <P><BR>&nbsp;<BR><BR>Nicolas Nolst </P>

And just for the record, do you prefer answers to HTML mail
in Postscript, PDF, DVI or nothing at all?

Jan

# Let's break this rule - forgive me. #