Re: pg_dump and revision control

From: Peter Dimov <jquest_j(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_dump and revision control
Date: 2002-06-01 10:58:06
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,
Thank you for the answer.
I am not expert in postgres. Normaly I am working on Oracle, but I think
postgresql have revision control. I am using pgAdmin II and if I select a data base with rigth button and properties
t exist a checkbox "Revision Control".
So, if I check it postresql support the revision control ( I can make mistake).
In this case I can make pg_dump > mydumpfile.
This mydumpfile is very big ( 10 and more MB for a little db).
After that I create a two new databases - one with revision control
and one without it.
If I import the data I do not have any problems with the new db with revision control, bu I can not import this data on the "normal" db.
I receive many messages :"parser error near "//"".
That is the problem .
Many thanks for the help.

Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org> wrote:
On Sat, Jun 01, 2002 at 02:48:37AM -0700, Peter Dimov wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am using postgresql 7.2 on linux and if I try to make
>
> pg_dump, the system generate a big dump file.
>
> I think it depend on revision control on my database.
>
> If it is so how can I dump my data without this revision control?

Postgres doesn't have revision control. Perhaps you could explain more
clearly what you want.

--
Martijn van Oosterhout http://svana.org/kleptog/