Re: pgAdmin2 to be included in Dev-C++

From: Jean-Michel POURE <jm(dot)poure(at)freesurf(dot)fr>
To: mlw <markw(at)mohawksoft(dot)com>
Cc: Robert <robert(at)robert(dot)cz>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgAdmin2 to be included in Dev-C++
Date: 2002-05-10 13:55:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Le Vendredi 10 Mai 2002 15:33, mlw a écrit :
> The first time it doesn't work because of anti-virus software, they'll call
> it junk. When they test performance and see that it sucks, they'll remove
> the software.

Dear Mark,

PostgreSQL will work well if cygwin.dll is compiled in a separate workspace
and installed under C:/program files/postgresql and hidden from users. I
agree it will not be able to serve a 50 TPS system.

Furthermore : MySQL sucks, Windoze sucks and Microsoft is violating our
private rights everyday. So if you care for freedom, we are going to release
this f****** Cygwin minimal installer.

Don't you think my friend? Noone will complain about it. Do you see
demonstrations in the street against Microsoft? The answer is no.

Therefore, I believe noone will complain about a minimal Cygwin + PostgreSQL
installer. This will only be the beginning of a complete Windows port.

Which can also be expressed as :
"Il faut laisser le temps au temps"
"Il n'y a pas le feu au lac"

Cheers,