indexes separate from data

From: Judy Jecelin <jjecelin(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: indexes separate from data
Date: 2002-04-02 22:27:09
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,

A relatively novice user of PostgreSQL but not
of other databases... I'm trying to understand the
use of initlocation....I understand having separate
data storage areas (perhaps for each database
in your postmaster), but is there some way to have
a separate location for indexes? How would this
be designated through PostgreSQL?