Unix sockets connection authentication - patch

From: "Oliver Elphick" <olly(at)lfix(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Unix sockets connection authentication - patch
Date: 2001-05-03 09:28:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

[apologies if this appears twice; I thought I had sent it but it hasn't
appeared anywhere]
The attached patch implements a method of connection authentication for
Unix sockets that support SCM_CREDENTIALS. This includes Linux kernels
2.2 and 2.4 at least; I don't know what other implementations support
it.

Since it is not universally supported, I have included a configure test.
autoconf needs to be run after installing the patch.

This patch provides a new authentication method "peer" for use with
"local" connections; otherwise it works exactly like the "ident" method.

Please consider including this in PostgreSQL.

Attachment Content-Type Size
p.diff text/plain 9.9 KB