Re: pg9 beta1, make check fails

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andy Colson <andy(at)squeakycode(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg9 beta1, make check fails
Date: 2010-05-03 18:21:11
Lists: pgsql-general

Andy Colson <andy(at)squeakycode(dot)net> writes:
> Ok, not sure what order its supposed to be run in, but I had done:

> make
> make check

> which fails.

> But if I do:

> make
> make install
> make check

> it works and passes.

That looks like a shared-library problem --- did the "make install"
overwrite an older version of libpq.so?

I'd have thought that pg_regress would have a more obvious failure if it
was trying to use an old libpq.so version though --- it should have
looked similar to what you referenced for pg_dump, for instance.