Re: log_duration is redundant, no?

From: "Guillaume Smet" <guillaume(dot)smet(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Bruce Momjian" <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: log_duration is redundant, no?
Date: 2006-09-08 20:51:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom,

On 9/8/06, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
> It seems like we should either remove the separate log_duration boolean
> or make it work as he suggests. I'm leaning to the second answer now.

Do you want me to propose a patch or do you prefer to work on it
yourself? If so, do we keep the log_duration name or do we change it
to log_all_duration or another more appropriate name?

I attached the little patch I use to apply on our packages. I can work
on it to make it apply to HEAD and update the documentation.

I suppose we should also change the FE/BE protocol logging accordingly
but ISTM you already planned to change it for other reasons.

--
Guillaume

Attachment Content-Type Size
postgresql-log-duration.patch text/x-patch 1.8 KB