pgadminIII - creating servers

From: Typing80wpm(at)aol(dot)com
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgadminIII - creating servers
Date: 2005-04-25 22:54:01
Lists: pgsql-general

I just now tried creating a second server with pgadminIII. I am confused
as to why one would have more than one server. There does not seem to be any
way to "switch" from one server to another, or to log into one particular
server (and not the other), or to create tables specifically for one server. I
find the concept rather confusing. I understand that if I limit myself to
one server, then I may define different database, and log to a particular
database, and see only the tables in that database. Any explanation regarding
more than one server will be appreciated. Thanks.