Re: Insert query hangs

From: M Tarkeshwar Rao <m(dot)tarkeshwar(dot)rao(at)ericsson(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Insert query hangs
Date: 2014-07-09 10:34:27
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

Actually problem is in customer site in their production environment.
They have their database MDB. In that db they have insert issue with one table.

They shared the data folder with us.

We past the same data folder in our local DB which has the same name MDB and reproduced the issue.

After reproducing the issue we run pg_dump(with data) on corrupted table and restore it on another local db.
After restoring in another db we tested the insert operation and found it is working fine.

We analysed one more thing when we removed the unique index from the table it is working fine.
Is there any issue in indexing?

Is there any option to repair the table or its indexing?

Regards
Tarkeshwar