Re: Shapes on the regression test for polygon

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Emre Hasegeli <emre(at)hasegeli(dot)com>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Shapes on the regression test for polygon
Date: 2014-07-25 13:50:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Emre Hasegeli <emre(at)hasegeli(dot)com> writes:
>> Well, I think the number of tabs that makes them look best depends on
>> your tab-stop setting. At present, I find that with 8-space tabs
>> things seem to line up pretty well, whereas with your patch, 4-space
>> tabs line up well.

> 4 space tab-stop is not the project standard?

It is for C code, but there's less agreement about non-code files
(and no enforcement mechanism like pgindent, either). People may or
may not have their editors configured to do the right thing in non-C
files, so it seems best to avoid cases where it'd matter. We actually
have a policy against using tabs at all in SGML files, for example.