Re: tsearch_core patch: permissions and security issues

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>
Cc: Gregory Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Oleg Bartunov <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: tsearch_core patch: permissions and security issues
Date: 2007-06-14 19:56:47
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-hackers

Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru> writes:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru> writes:
>>> The reason to save SQLish interface to dictionaries is a simplicity of
>>> configuration. Snowball's stemmers are useful as is, but ispell dictionary
>>> requires some configuration action before using.
>>
>> Yeah. I had been wondering about moving the dict_initoption over to the
>> configuration entry --- is that sane at all? It would mean that

> It should be. Instances of ispell (and synonym, thesaurus) dictionaries are
> different only in dict_initoption part, so it will be only one entry in
> pg_ts_dict_template and several ones in pg_ts_dict.

No, I was thinking of still having just one pg_ts_dict catalog (no template)
but removing its dictinit field. Instead, the init strings would be
stored with configuration mapping entries.

This would mean having to remember to provide the right option along
with the dictionary name when doing ALTER CONFIGURATION ADD MAPPING.
Not sure if that would be harder or easier to use than what you're
thinking of.