Re: could not find /usr/local/timezone

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: could not find /usr/local/timezone
Date: 2004-11-03 22:50:36
Lists: pgsql-bugs

>> Please. Also, what nondefault configuration or postgresql.conf settings
>> are you using?

> Sorry for delay. Attached.

> And --with-perl --with-odbc

As best I can tell, this is coming out because pgtz.c thinks that
/usr/share/timezone is where Postgres' own timezone files are; which
implies that get_share_directory() is returning /usr/share; which does
not make a lot of sense. I think you must have used nondefault
configuration settings for the installation location (--prefix and
friends) ... so the above answer is not very helpful.