Postgres High Availablity Solution needed for hot-standby and load balancing

From: "Ragnar Heil" <Ragnar(dot)Heil(at)fast(dot)no>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Postgres High Availablity Solution needed for hot-standby and load balancing
Date: 2007-11-29 16:49:09
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi

our customer has got the following requirements:

Req1) Master master replication supported, not only master / slave
replication with only the master being writable. If you do have multiple
slave systems they are only useful from a backup and standby
perspective. Our Application must have a db-connection it can write to.

Req2) Replication of schema should also be possible, not only data

Req3) Not only a hot-standby-solution is needed. Load Balancing is
wanted for the future.

Currently I am looking at EnterpriseDB but it seems that they dont
support multiple master-replication

best regards
Ragnar