Re: pg_trgm: unicode string not working

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Florian Pflug <fgp(at)phlo(dot)org>, sushant354(at)gmail(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_trgm: unicode string not working
Date: 2011-06-14 05:15:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 7:47 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us> wrote:
>> No, it does not. Under what circumstances should I issue a suggestion
>> to reindex, and what should the text be?

> It sounds like GIN indexes need to be reindexed after upgrading from <
> 9.1 to >= 9.1.

Only if you care whether they work for corner cases such as empty
arrays ... corner cases which didn't work before 9.1, so very likely
you don't care.

I'm not sure that pg_upgrade is a good vehicle for dispensing such
advice, anyway. At least in the Red Hat packaging, end users will never
read what it prints, unless maybe it fails outright and they're trying
to debug why.