Re: Streaming replication and postmaster signaling

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>, Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Streaming replication and postmaster signaling
Date: 2010-01-07 20:36:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I am tempted to say we should clamp down and go into damage control
> mode sooner rather than later.

The more I see of the HS patch, the more I think the same. But my
proposal for "damage control mode" would be to immediately punt
everything else to the next release and focus our energies exclusively
on HS *and* SR. In terms of the "big picture" for the project, those
are headline items, and everything else is just trivia that the average
user won't even notice.