Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Call for Google Summer of Code mentors, admins

From: Atri Sharma <atri(dot)jiit(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Thom Brown <thom(at)linux(dot)com>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [pgsql-advocacy] Call for Google Summer of Code mentors, admins
Date: 2013-03-20 17:05:26
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-hackers

It does sound nice,something like cron?

We can use a scheduling algorithm, and can define a pool of tasks as well as a time constraint for the amount of time which can be used for running the tasks.Then, a scheduling algorithm can pick tasks from the pool based on priorities and the time duration of a task.I can see a dynamic programming solution to this problem.

Atri

Sent from my iPad