Re: New releases for back branches 8.4 and 9.0?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Mark Kirkwood <mark(dot)kirkwood(at)catalyst(dot)net(dot)nz>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: New releases for back branches 8.4 and 9.0?
Date: 2011-09-14 00:28:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Mark Kirkwood <mark(dot)kirkwood(at)catalyst(dot)net(dot)nz> writes:
> Recently some pretty significant join optimization improvements have
> made their way into these branches. Are we looking at cutting an 8.4.9
> and 9.0.5 soon?

The plan that was being batted around the core list was to schedule a
set of update releases the last week of September, ie two weeks after
9.1.0, which would give us a chance for a quick 9.1.1 too in case
anybody found any really nasty bugs. It's not definite yet, but I agree
that we're overdue for back-branch updates.