Re: Recovery Test Framework

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Gregory Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)gmail(dot)com>, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Recovery Test Framework
Date: 2009-01-13 01:46:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

>> As for the process used, I think it is useful to understand how
>> committers choose what to work on next. ...

> It's not just "unfair". It's counter-productive. It means you're ignoring the
> very patches whose authors are mostly likely to be responsive to requests to
> change them. And who would be most likely to be fertile ground for further
> improvements.

I don't think you can honestly argue that the replication-related
patches are getting ignored. AFAICT there's quite a lot of review
effort going on around them. KaiGai-san probably has a legitimate
beef about lack of review on his patch, but the replication patches
do not.

It's true that stuff isn't going to get *committed* until it seems
reasonably stable, but I hope you weren't arguing for that.