oracle to postgresql

From: James Buszard-Welcher <james(at)buszard-welcher(dot)com>
To: Amit Lamba <amit_lamba99(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: oracle to postgresql
Date: 2002-06-15 02:18:48
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Dunno if you are asking for generic help using oracle 'exp'
and postgres 'COPY'? Check out those commands.

If you are looking for hidden gotchas about differing
SQL grammar changes, check out:

http://openacs.org/doc/openacs/html/oracle-to-pg-porting.html

James

Amit> Hi, Can anyone tell me how do i transfer my database from
Amit> oracle to postgresql (from sun solaris to linux machine).I
Amit> installed postgresql and crete a user login postgres and
Amit> created a database and a table same as the one in oracle.Now
Amit> i need to transfer the data to this table. Thanks in
Amit> advance for your help.

Amit> Amit