Re: Odd behavior observed

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Marc Evans <Marc(at)SoftwareHackery(dot)Com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Odd behavior observed
Date: 2006-09-19 18:09:05
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

Marc Evans <Marc(at)SoftwareHackery(dot)Com> writes:
> Any suggested tricks for seeing additional debug information or even
> roaming through gdb, to try to figure this out?

Is the problem reproducible enough that you can watch it under gdb?
In that case it shouldn't be that hard to narrow it down. I gathered
from your original statement that you couldn't reproduce it reliably.

I'd start with ExecInsert() and see if it's being passed correct info
or not, then work backwards or forwards depending.